Metaphor Question (pt. 2)

Subject: Metaphor Question (pt. 2)
From: "Paul R. Sawyer" <prsawyer -at- RS6000 -dot- CMP -dot- ILSTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 22:02:06 -0600

*Note* My modem screwed up while sending this the first time, so if i post it
twice, apologies to all.

Hello

I am a doctoral student locked in a linguistics class. I am doing a paper on
metaphor, and I chose to do one on metaphor and the net. I am operating off
the thesis that metaphor is a way to comprehend the unfathomable by nesting it
in the known. Obviously, "the net" is WAY to large to really comprehend. What
metaphors do y'all think we use in dealing with the web? (Besides, surfing the
net. . .)

Anyway, I'd appreciate any input that you could throw my way. Please send it
to me so I won't get flamed for cluttering the list with "non-techwriting"
information.

Thanks a heap.

--Paul
A lone tech writer in a room full of lingustist. And you say there isn't a
hell. . . . 8)

--
Paul R. Sawyer
Graduate Assistant/Console Cowboy