{HUMOR} Syllogism

Subject: {HUMOR} Syllogism
From: Howard Gold <howardg -at- SAVVY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 16:08:43 -0500

On Tue, 7 Mar 1995, Mark Levinson wrote:

> Levinson's Syllogism:

> - People get into Human Resources from an academic
> background in psychology.

> - People get into studying psychology because they
> want to understand their own psychological problems.

> - Therefore, Human Resources is full of people with
> psychological problems.

Mark --

You may want to pass your syllogism on to _Unix Review_ magazine, c/o
Stan Kelly-Bootle (skb -at- crl -dot- com). He writes a column for them focusing on
communications (mostly TW stuff). In the current issue he lists a few
"Syllogistic Takes"; my favorite of those listed :

All relevant people are pertinent
All rude people are impertinent
Therefore, no rude people are relevant

-- Howard Gold

Technical writer/trainer on Long Island, NY
howardg -at- savvy -dot- com
Omit needless words! - William Strunk, Jr.