Re: Tests to Select Competent Writers

Subject: Re: Tests to Select Competent Writers
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 11:50:00 PST

My experience is that the lowest skill/professional levels (or perceived
level by the organization) are subjected to the most testing. When I was
down and out I applied for a job at a 7-11. Anyone ever go through that
humiliation? I'm sure the CEO of Southland Corp didin't take as
complrehensive and invasive a test.
==============
At 10:52 AM 3/7/95 -0800, Susan W. Gallagher wrote:
>Ellen Adams says...
>[snip]
>>
>> Drug tests are okay. I don't mind; I don't do drugs. But
>> psychological tests? I detest them. These exams are not a measure of
>> talent. They're not even a good measure of subservience and loyalty.
>>
>No they're not!!! I have a hard time justifying drug
>testing for rail road engineers and bus drivers! I'm
>a professional and I demand to be treated like a
>professional. I'll come to work and perform to the
>best of my abilities, but what I do in the privacy
>of my own home is none of my employers gd business,
>thank you very much.

>And I've walked out of several interviews because
>of this and I'm still gainfully employed with my
>personal freedoms intact.

>Bottom line, I refuse to be insulted to get a job --
>and if more people felt this way and stood up for
>their convictions, the powers-that-be would be
>able to get away with a lot less!

>End of diatribe

>Sue Gallagher
>StarBase Corp, Irvine CA
>sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com
===============

=======================
Regards,

Marc

Technical Writer/Trainer
TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr.
Oakland, CA 94612-3540
santa -at- tfs -dot- com santacroce -at- aol -dot- com

"An idiot with a computer is a faster, better idiot"
- Rich Julius