Re: Contracting to start with

Subject: Re: Contracting to start with
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 10:18:00 PST

Karen, IMHO you should not mix apples and oranges. If they like your work,
they will bring up full-time status (and you will be in a better bargaining
position).

Is seems top me as if you really want a full-time position, not a contract
position. If this is so, why are you considering a contract? Is it just to
get a foot in the door? You may be better off going to another company
full-time.

==============
>My question is, what can I do to maximize my chances of being hired
>permanently? I *really* liked the company, the group, and the work. Is
>it a mistake to push the full-time business when we discuss the
>contract? (That is, suggest that I would like to discuss a permanent
>job again at the completion of the contract?)

>Or is being considered for a contract when there is a full-time job
>the kiss of death for that company?

>Any sort of advice is welcome!

>Karen
> karenk -at- netcom -dot- com
===============

=======================
Regards,

Marc

Technical Writer/Trainer
TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr.
Oakland, CA 94612-3540
santa -at- tfs -dot- com santacroce -at- aol -dot- com

"An idiot with a computer is a faster, better idiot"
- Rich Julius