Test Phase

Subject: Test Phase
From: "USA::MU17692" <MU17692%USA -dot- decnet -at- USAV01 -dot- GLAXO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 19:54:00 EST

One of the roles I played as a technical writer during the test phase of
software for which I was writing documentation was to liaise between
the testers and the programmers. The relationship between the testers and
the programmers was often strained because testers only produce negative
results. Has hard as they try to praise the good work they see, what they
actually produced in writing were problem reports. What I tried to do was
get problem information from the testers to the programmers *before* the
testers wrote them up officially. In this way, the problems never existed.
I was able to update my documentation and the programmers corrected the
code and management was never the wiser. ;-)

-Mike Uhl (uhl~m -at- glaxo -dot- com)
Glaxo Inc. Research Institute
Research Triangle Park, NC