Re: A Test to Select Competen...

Subject: Re: A Test to Select Competen...
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 15:51:00 PST

I love companies where the HR dept isn't involved in the hiring process.
IMHO this is the way it should be. The new employee shoulkd just go to HR
to pick up forms and company policy and get the benefits briefing.
==================
At 1:05 PM 3/2/95 -0500, lara (l.) swift wrote:
>One thing that my company does in interviews to evaluate tech
>writers is get them to write a procedure that describes how to use a
>corkscrew. Several of the writers that were hired had been given the
>same "test" at previous interviews with other companies! Also, our
>HR department is really not involved in the hiring process at all,
>so there haven't been any complaints about giving this type of a
>test.

=======================
Regards,

Marc

Technical Writer/Trainer
TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr.
Oakland, CA 94612-3540
santa -at- tfs -dot- com santacroce -at- aol -dot- com

"An idiot with a computer is a faster, better idiot"
- Rich Julius