REQ:Communication process

Subject: REQ:Communication process
From: MARIA ELISABETH MAWE <mem -at- COVENTRY -dot- AC -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 15:40:25 +0000

Hi!

My name is Elisabeth Mawe and I am in my final year as a Technical
Communication Degree student at Coventry University.

I have recently subscribed to this list, to see if I could find anything
useful for my dissertation.

The topic for my dissertation is "Why do technical writers need to know
about communication processes?" I have already found some interesting aspects
by reading the messages, but now I would like to know specifics.

I wonder if anyone can help me by answering some questions about how
technical writers integrate the process in their daily work.

The questions are:

1. Do you think knowing about the communication process has improved your
technical writing?

2. Do you always think about the communication process when you produce
technical documents?

3. Do you see analysing your audience as part of the communication
process?

4. Have you ever made any mistakes related to misunderstanding the
communication process?

5. Which role do you think the technical writer plays in the
communication process?

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me by answering these questions.
If there is anything you wonder about them, please mail me and I will try to
explain them more in detail.

Please excuse any mistakes in the letter as English is my second language!