Tech Writing Problems

Subject: Tech Writing Problems
From: Glen Accardo <glen -at- SOFTINT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 15:36:39 -0600

E-mail glen -at- softint -dot- com

Okay, here is the latest from our heap 'o dookie.

Imagine if you will:

One technical writer, keeping up with 6 (soon to be 8) products, 25
developers, and all of the problems that everyone else has mentioned.
(I could add variations on the themes, but obvioulsy nothing new to
most of you.) Everything is higher priority than everything else.

The two marketing people who were helping with technical writing
are now working on emergencies that are more emergencial than putting
a new product out the door in two weeks. The one developer who was
helping with the writing is resigning to take a sane job.

Along comes a release of a long forgotten (and borderline non-releasable)
product, which needs release notes. I don't have time, no one else
has time. The developer is writing the release notes. He speaks Polish.

Calgon, take me away!

glen accardo glen -at- softint -dot- com
Software Interfaces, Inc. (713) 492-0707 x122
Houston, TX 77084

Did the Corinthians ever write back?