Re: Tech Writing Problems

Subject: Re: Tech Writing Problems
From: Caryn Rizell <caryn -at- HPPTC95 -dot- ROSE -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 08:56:06 PST

Lori:

I think you are going to need a face-to-face meeting with the
programmer to go over the document. In my experience, it
is a lot easier to get comments in person rather than on
paper.

As a thread about SME's mentioned a while back, programmers
and programmer types don't like to write. It is much easier
for them to verbalize than to communicate in writing.

So, I would suggest you set up an appointment and make
the 100 mile drive or arrange for a telephone conversation.

You might want to couch it in the terms "I have a few questions
and need your advice", rather than "Could you review
this document?"

Just some thoughts.

Caryn Rizell
caryn -at- hpptc95 -dot- rose -dot- hp -dot- com