Re: Exxon-Esso/WHO CARES?

Subject: Re: Exxon-Esso/WHO CARES?
From: Heilan Yvette Grimes <HEP2 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 02:20:42 -0500

>Subject: Exxon-Esso/WHO CARES?

>I`d much rather see advertisements for writer-related products
>(or any other technical writer topic) than this continuing
>inane thread about how Exxon got its name.

>Why don't we hear from the self-appointed Network Police in this
>list who are so upset about an infrequent writer-related ad?

>Bob Morrisette
>Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM

Self-appointed Network Police?

I'm not upset by the Exxon/Esso discussion. And since no one seems to have
stepped forward, I now appointment myself the Modern Major-General of List
Topic Appropriateness and deem that it is appropriate to occassionally break
up Frame vs. Word: Which is Best?/What Should I Know to be an Effective Tech
Writer/Help, How Do I Get a Job in Tech Writing That Will Make Me Rich and
Well Liked, Plus Work Short Hours, Always Make Deadlines and Have the Respect
and Admiration of All the Engineers/And Is It Lefthand, Left-Hand, or Do I
Need a Hand at All? threads.

How boring to always discuss exact Tech Writer specific topics. Sometimes you
need a little desert to go with intense discussion. Inane is in the eye of
the beholder. One person's inanity is another person's drivel is another
person's smile/simile/thought/anecdote/trivia for the day.

But why should there be a general we gotta keep this all serious and writer
related or else maybe this won't be a serious discussion list?

If you don't like a thread just pass it by.

--Yvette

P.S.
Oh, I also forgot as the new Modern Major-General of List Topic
Appropriateness I also decree that ads that are list specific (Job
openings/helpful products/cool Trade Shows and Seminars) are appropriate.
O.J. updates are never appropriate (unless a Tech Writer has testified and
been cross-examined and befuddled both Prosecutors and Defense with clear
consise answers that explained everything with the least number of words
needed and did not use self-referential sentences (like this sentence does).

Now, everyone. Get back to work. I have spoken.