frame use question

Subject: frame use question
From: Kelly Kremin <kellyk -at- CYBEROPTICS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 13:26:21 LCL

Hello:

A frame-using coworker is having a problem. Can anyone help?

Send replies to kellyk -at- cyberoptics -dot- com

Apologies to those who think this is not a tech-l question. I have
subscribed to the frame list & am awaiting some acknowledgement. So,
in the meantime...

Hi --

I need to generate tocs and indexes that include chapter-page#s. I
have multi-file chapters, very graphic-intensive. My page numbers are
variables that I edit in every file.

How do I edit the toc reference page so that Frame recognizes the
variable in each file?

I am aware of the workaround procedure with the "white" text added to
the beginning of each file's text flow. Over the years, I have
experienced many hours of frustration dealing with adding text flows
to existing text flows -- I don't have time to deal with it.
Operator-error or not.

Is there another way?