Online Authoring Tools

Subject: Online Authoring Tools
From: James Lockard <NORTon5150 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 00:28:52 -0500

Hello,
I am rather new to the list so, if this topic has been thoroughly covered in
a previous thread, please forgive me. I have been searching for a software
tool that is capable of producing quality online documents. I've looked at
help authoring tools like Doc-to-Help, RoboHelp, and ForeHelp but found them
to be less than adequate. I've also examined other options like
FrameMaker/Viewer, Adobe Acrobat, and Guide from InfoAccess. All in all, I've
looked at over 20 different products, but none of them makes the grade. If
anyone has a favorite application they use, I'd love to hear about it. IMHO,
the right application will provide the desktop publishing tools of Pagemaker
or Xpress combined with the ability to add a wide variety of hypertext links,
annotation, bookmarks, word searching, etc. Feel free to respond to me at
JAMESL%DMT -at- MCIMAIL -dot- COM or NORTON5150 -at- AOL -dot- COM -dot-
TIA,
James Lockard