Re: WP software???

Subject: Re: WP software???
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 12:21:00 PST

There are many-many TW jobs for Mac users. Besides, if you are using Word
or FramMaker, the platform is really tranparant.
===============
At 11:02 AM 2/18/95 -0500, Jim McGough wrote:
>I'm interested in Tech. Writing as a possible career choice, taking a class
>and practice-writing a manual. My question:

>I write on a Mac, but a TW friend told me that 90% of the writing for TW is
>done on PC platform, so I'm at a disadvantage if I don't switch platforms.
> Also, he suggests I learn to use either Word 6.0 or Framemaker.

>The problem is that any of the above steps would cost hundreds or even
>thousands of dollars! I also do a little DTP - a soccer newsletter for my
>club - and I'd like a software package that can handle a little bit of that,
>too. For that reason, I'm leaning toward Word. (But do I spend the $300 on
>Mac software if I really NEED to be writing in PC format!?!?
>Help!
>Jim :-Q (and I don't even smoke!)

Regards,

Marc

Technical Writer/Trainer
TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr.
Oakland, CA 94612-3540
santa -at- tfs -dot- com santacroce -at- aol -dot- com

"An idiot with a computer is a faster, better idiot"
- Rich Julius