Re: Questions that are not questions

Subject: Re: Questions that are not questions
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- SD -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 10:21:28 IST

Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL> asks if a section for questions
should have each one written as a question.

** QUESTION: Would declarative sentences be OK?

ANSWER: Maybe so, if you reduce "QUESTION" to "Q", and "ANSWER" to "A".

Q: Ah yes, I've seen that in printed interviews.

A: And you see it in transcripts of press conferences too.

Q: Does the first pair need to be fully spelled out as
"QUESTION" and "ANSWER"?

A: In my opinion, the initial spelling-out is not absolutely
necessary but nice if possible.

Q: But then at least the sentence that gets the full word "QUESTION"
labelling it should be a real question.

A: I think so. And the one that gets the full word "ANSWER" should
be a real answer...

||- Mark L. Levinson, mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il -- Box 5780, 46157 Herzlia, Israel -||
|| If God intended 1 space between sentences, why do we have 2 thumbs? ||