Re: Questions Answer

Subject: Re: Questions Answer
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 14:17:11 MST

First off, *Thank You Everybody!* who responded to my question
about questions that weren't questions. When I first started
getting replies back, I was sending individual thank you notes.
But as the replies kept pouring in I realized I couldn't do that
and still get work done. So, please accept this single "thank
you" to all of you.

The predominant suggestion was to recast the sentences as
questions. This is the solution I will most likely implement.
Following a close second was the suggestion to use "problems"
with a "problem/solution" structure, rather than the
question/answer structure. However, someone pointed out the
negative connotation of the word "problem." Problems? *We* never
have problems! I guess many companies avoid negative language
whenever possible.

Other suggested terminology included
Issues (or issues/solutions)
Situation/explanation
Condition/remedy
Scenario
Troubleshooting
System Hints
System Messages
Unexpected System Responses (I loved this one--A way to say
problems without actually using
the word "problem"! Unfortunately,
not all "questions" related to
a system response; otherwise, I
might have used this one.)

Thanks, again.

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=