Style question - pushbuttons

Subject: Style question - pushbuttons
From: Glenn Crumpley <gcrumpley -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 15:32:05 EST

We're trying to update our style guide. Currently, the action of activating
a pushbutton is described in several ways. For example:
Click on the OK button.
Click on the OK pushbutton.
Click once on the OK button.
Select the OK buton.

Also, the text describing the button label (OK) is highlighted in various
ways, such as:
"OK"
<bold>OK
<plain>OK

Currently, the style guidelines call for quotes on the button label. None
of the current writers care for this convention and we will probably change
it.

Can I get some general feedback on how this element is handled in your shop?

Regards,
Glenn Crumpley