Re: Tech Writer Compensation

Subject: Re: Tech Writer Compensation
From: "Shelly M. LaRock" <smlarock -at- MTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 1995 16:23:19 EST

Ok, ok, here it is: the final release.

I realize now that tech writers should make just as much money for writing a bro
chure
as they do for writing a manual.

I think I just had the size and length of a project confused with the pay scale.
Regardless of what I am writing/producing, I want to get paid what my work is
worth. But from experience, I have found that I was paid less for making brochu
res
than I was for writing manuals--sometimes by a difference of 50%. I've also bee
paid less for writing technical articles. But this, of course, doesn't make it
fair
to pay tech writers less for one type of project than for another.

I've seen the light,

Shelly
smlarock -at- mtu -dot- edu