Tech Writing Compensation

Subject: Tech Writing Compensation
From: Ron Miller <RSMH -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 1995 14:48:24 -0500

Matt Harmon writes:
No-one ever said this job was easy--that's why tech writers are
compensated as they are.

As a rule, tech writers aren't compensated very well when compared to
programmers or other high-skilled professionals.

The trouble is that we have to take programs that are often poorly designed
and document in spite of this. I think we should be paid better specifically
because of this.

What do other's think? Are we compensated well, as compared to the
development folks or other highly skilled professionals?