<HUMOR> Re: What "beg the question" means

Subject: <HUMOR> Re: What "beg the question" means
From: "Matthew B. Hicks" <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 1995 12:44:04 -0700

On Fri, 10 Feb 1995, Susan Alice Wheeler wrote:

> Actually, "begging the question" generally falls into two categories:

> 1. those arguments that simply restate, as a premise, the author's
> conclusion (ex: Students like pizza because it's their favorite
food.);

This reminds me of a little interview segment I saw on a pseudo-sports
show one day. It was a little get-to-know-the-competitors deal and one
guy obviously searched the depths of his soul to come up with this gem:

"I guess, more than anything, I enjoy having a good time."

Words to live by. :-)

Matt Hicks, Tech. Writer, Unidata * I may not agree with what you
Boulder, CO, (303)497-8676, ******* say, but I'll defend to the
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu ************* death my right to mock you.