Re: Begging the Question

Subject: Re: Begging the Question
From: Mike Christie <mikec -at- LUNA -dot- SYNTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 1995 10:00:53 -0800

> I thought "beg the question" means to evade answering by essentially
> asking the question in another form. It's been a long time since my
> Logic 101, but as I recall in a logical argument, if you respond to
> a question by simply rephrasing the questing and firing it back, you've
> "begged the question" and the argument is invalid.

My recollection from Philosophy 101 (yes, a very long time ago!) was that
"begging the question" was using the term being defined in your definition.

monolith (as in the beginning of 2001): "A monolithic structure"

It doesn't help you at all in your analysis or understanding.

Mike Christie
Technical Writer
Syntelligence Systems, Inc.
mikec -at- syntel -dot- com