Re: Reading a draft "for content only"

Subject: Re: Reading a draft "for content only"
From: lawrence lavigne jr <ltl2 -at- MAX -dot- TIAC -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 1995 19:02:55 -0500

My experience with some reviewers has been misunderstanding of what they
were supposed to be looking for - sometimes this was from my assuming
they knew they should be reviewing for accuracy and completeness, other
times when someone else just handed them the doc and said review this.
The problem I had with this is the reviewer did not fail to find
inaccurate information, but focused so much on comma position that they
forgot to look for completeness. This didn't happen often, but enough
that management decided review time was way too long (oh, for a real
editor!) and so SMEs should only review for content.

Nancy Lavigne
ltl2 -at- max -dot- tiac -dot- net