Infos on controlled language for technical writing

Subject: Infos on controlled language for technical writing
From: Uwe Reinke <sl16wwur -at- RZ -dot- UNI-SB -dot- DE>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 1995 12:31:51 +0100

Hello everybody out there,

One of our students is writing her final thesis on controlled/restricted
language
and machine translation. She is desperately looking for literature on the
development of and experiences with restricted languages. We know that several
companies and organizations such as Rank Xerox, Caterpillar, or the European
Association of Aerospace Manufacturers (AECMA) developed their own
versions of a simplified English, but we find it very difficult to get hold
of any
reference material such as descriptions of the individual approaches or
results of any research work done in this field.

Is there anybody out there who could help us?

Greetings from Saarbruecken
Uwe Reinke
Dipl.-Uebers. Uwe Reinke
Fachrichtung 8.6
Universitaet des Saarlandes
Postfach 15 11 50
D-66041 Saarbruecken

Tel.: ++49/681/302-2929 Fax: ++49/681/302-4440
E-mail: sl16wwur -at- rz -dot- uni-sb -dot- de