Re: Reading a draft "for content only"

Subject: Re: Reading a draft "for content only"
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 1995 10:50:08 -0800

I have seen this; usually I can guide the reviewer away from this
time-wasting effort. Only once did all my charm go for naught.
Unfortunately, when the reviewer's manager, prior to the next
performance reivew, asked for input, I had to say that this person was
not a good reviewer. (This was in a place where the review team was
taken very seriously.)

jb
I take your point that pages and pages of precise, well-meaning, and
totally screwy grammar and punctuation edits would drive me crazy and
be a waste of everyone's time, but the trouble is, I've never seen this!