Re: Filter Sources

Subject: Re: Filter Sources
From: Michelle Page <page -at- ARLUT -dot- UTEXAS -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 17:46:02 CST

Hal Lichtin wrote:
--------------------------
> First, I'd like to thank those of you who have sent me information in
> response to my inquiry on Frame and Word. Thanks to David Blyth I even
> have the all the mail messages from the recent string on this subject.

> However, possibly because I buried my request at the end of a long
> message, nobody responded with information on filter suppliers.
> In particular, I'd like to find sources for the following converters or
filters:

> Ventura 4.1 to MS Word 6.0
> Ventura 4.1 to Frame 4
> Frame 4 to MS Word 6.0
> Frame 4 to RTF

> Does anyone out there know of a source for these filters or for filter
> technology in general? It can be commercial, shareware, or freeware,
> and I can FTP from the internet but cannot access WWW.
---------------------------

I believe FrameMaker 4 has a filter for RTF that will work for any recent
version of MS Word. If you already have Frame, you can access the online
manual "Using Frame Filters" from within Online Help for more details.

You may also want to contact Frame Technology at (408) 975-6466 or email
"comments -at- frame -dot- com".

Good luck!

Michelle Page

Technical Writer