Re: TECHWR-L Digest

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest
From: Barb Philbrick <barb -dot- philbrick -at- PCOHIO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 14:51:00 -0500

P>The numbers that people have been throwing around in this thread
P>(i.e., in the $30s) is pretty representative. I've seen higher, but as
P>I said (er, I *think* I said: I didn't save it) in my previous post,
P>this would be for short-term (under 100 hours) work.

P>I've now seen info on the software and aerospace industries: does
P>anyone else out there have some experience in other fields?

I do most of my work for industrial control equipment (can we say
hardware? <g>). It typically pays between $30 and $50, depending on
expertise. The larger firms I know of in this area (Cleveland, OH) get
between $40 and $50, though I've heard that the firm that charges $50
sometimes goes lower. Most independents get between $30 and $40. I've
bid against a writer who also has an EE, but my client didn't feel they
were getting any value-added for the extra money and stayed with me.

I've also been underbid by $15. (!) Don't know who it was and doubt that
they're still in business.

Barb

barb -dot- philbrick -at- pcohio -dot- com
---
* CMPQwk 1.4 #9107 * Why call them "apartments" if they're all together?

PC-Ohio PCBoard pcohio.com
The Best BBS in America Cleveland, OH
DATA: 216-381-3320 FAX: 216-291-2685