Re: equipment standard?

Subject: Re: equipment standard?
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 14:05:52 MST

R_e_b_e_c_c_a F_i_l_a_r_d_o /\ /\
asked about what kind of equipment we use: / o o \
> ^ < cat
At work I use a Sun SPARCstation 2 with an 18-inch
monitor (Odd size, but true. I just measured it
diagnally.) But I work for a -really- big "company"--
the U.S. Army. I imagine that if I moved to another
job with a "smaller" computer, I'd find that I was
very spoiled, too.

At home, where I do a lot of desktop publishing, I have
pretty much the same system as you: 486-33, 16MB RAM
(instead of your 8MB), and a 14-inch monitor. However,
my computer does print. This computer has been satisfactory
for me for about 3 years now. (Although a Pentium and
21-inch monitor are on my wish list!) I seldom have more
than one, two max, applications open at once, however.
Your printing problem should be easily fixed--any computer
technician worth his salt should be able to troubleshoot
that one. It could be something as simple as a bad printer
cable.

My husband's home computer has a 21-inch monitor (Nanao--very
nice!) and all he uses it for is to play games! Talk about
somebody spoiled!

Good luck.

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=