Re: Grammar vs Content

Subject: Re: Grammar vs Content
From: "Robert E. Allen" <re_allen -at- PNL -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 15:52:40 GMT

In article <9500277912 -dot- AA791220336 -at- MAIL -dot- SYNTRON -dot- COM>, PUTMV -at- mail -dot- syntron -dot- com
says:

> ... its seems that many of my new
> peers have different writing priorities. They place grammar ahead of
> content. When asked to review anything for content, its the grammar,
> spelling, and format they comment on instead of providing help on the
> subject.

I fall into this trap sometimes. Excuses:

1. I find poor grammer offensive, I can't help myself, I have to mark
it up. I don't want anyone to think I missed those mistakes.

2. Deadlines being what they are, after I fix the grammer, there may
not be time to really look at the content and flow of the document.

3. Let's face it, it's easier to do the grammer than figure out the logic
behind the author's writing.

Bob
PS I hope my manager is too busy to read the list today.