Re: Internet Brain Plug

Subject: Re: Internet Brain Plug
From: Karla McMaster <mcmaster%pcmail -dot- cti-pet -dot- com -at- CTI-PET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 1995 09:44:08 EST

Paul (paul -dot- strandlund -at- sasktel -dot- sk -dot- ca) writes:

> Vince Putman <PUTMV -at- MAIL -dot- SYNTRON -dot- COM> writes:
> WoW, such a deal. <Ed -dot- Hoornaert -at- VENTANA -dot- COM> writes:

> (snip) "plugging the internet directly into your brain"!

> I just wanted to say that this is not a new idea. The name of the author
> escapes me at the moment but... a 2 book series was written... about a planet
> called Hyperion.

I'm not familiar with these books, but I thought the idea came from William
Gibson, who coined the word "cyberpunk," and wrote _Mona Lisa Overdrive_ and
other sci fi novels (of course, I can't remember the titles, but will look them
up if people are interested)...

Karla McMaster, technical writer
CTI PET Systems, Inc., Knoxville, TN
mcmaster -at- cti-pet -dot- com