Re: question about mail

Subject: Re: question about mail
From: Bev Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 19:01:29 MST

Timothy Schablin wants to know--
> What happens to mail that is sent to a company with no forwarding name or
> department. EXAMPLE: lets say a brochure is sent to company. On the
> envelope, just the comany and address are provided, does the person
> opening the mail forward it the best they can, or do they toss it?

I can't help but wonder, Tim, why you are asking this question.
In the majority of businesses (and government offices) I think
the person opening the mail would certainly attempt to forward
it to an appropriate office based on the contents of the
package/envelope.

If you are wondering, does the mail clerk make a determination
that something is "junk mail" and toss it accordingly, I would
hope the answer is no. Now if the mail clerk thought it should
go to division A, then division A gets it and says "why did I
get this thing," and tosses it--that's a different story.

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "These opinions are mine, not my employer's." =*=