Re: reference--question

Subject: Re: reference--question
From: John McDermott <jjm -at- JKINTL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 09:25:31 PST

>My company is writing a style guide to standardize the look of documents
that
>are produced by two departments. To reach a consensus on typesetting and
>layout matters, we need to refer to an outside authority. Currently, we
refer
>to some guidelines set up by John McWade in the magazine Before & After.
Can
>anyone recommend a reference that gives guidelines for page layout,
>typesetting, and graphics?

I suggest you contact the appropriate technical society for the area to
which the work relates. The IEEE (Institiute of Electrical and Electronics
Engineers) has, I believe, one or more depending on the subject area. These
are generally hard to dispute as they are common accross many companies.
--john
>Victoria Moore
>Manager of Technical Publications
>EDS
>Bozeman, Montana
>victor3129 -at- aol -dot- com

Name: John McDermott
E-mail: jjm -at- jkintl -dot- com (John McDermott)
Voice: +1 505/377-6293 FAX: +1 505/377-6313