Re: Context-sensitive Help

Subject: Re: Context-sensitive Help
From: Caryn Rizell <caryn -at- HPPTC95 -dot- ROSE -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 1995 08:52:15 PST

Rosie:

Re: your question about context sensitive help:

It looks to me like something else is going on. Why do
the developers care that there is a lag between when they
finish the application and you finish the help? I think
that is normal since you need time to work with the finished
product. Don't you normally schedule time into the project
for finishing up your documentation after the software is
complete?

To me it seems the real issue is that the documentation team
needs to get involved in the development process earlier so
that you can work on the help as the software is being written.

Then you shouldn't have the problem of what kind of help to
put in. You can do both kinds of help if you have the right
amount of time and information.

At any rate, that is my 2 cents. You really shouldn't have
to argue about what kind of help to include, but how much time
you get to do your work and how much information you are given
about the project as it begins.

Caryn Rizell
caryn -at- hpptc95 -dot- rose -dot- hp -dot- com