Re[2]: Is the Customer Always Right?

Subject: Re[2]: Is the Customer Always Right?
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 13:11:00 -0500

Sometimes we are called upon to educate our clients. However, I have
seldom found clients to be resistant to good suggestions when backed up
with reasonable explanations.

Very good. The customer is *not* always right, but the customer *is* always the
customer. If you have a better way, give one attempt at convincing them. If they
won't listen, for whatever reason, swallow it and do it their way. Remember that
any "better way" you have has to be better for their business, not your
sensibilities. Be rational, be civil and courteous, and *don't* call your way a
"better way" no matter how much you believe it. It's "another way."

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 24