Re: Making it readable from the start

Subject: Re: Making it readable from the start
From: "A. LiLia Santana" <lsantana -at- TUBA -dot- AIX -dot- CALPOLY -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 13:09:29 -0800

Glen Accardo wrote the following lines:

> Have you ever noticed that someone who is not a native speaker of English
> just doesn't do a very good job of editing sentences? I have. Often.
> It is a waste of their time and mine if developers spend time chasing
> grammar errors. They have a tendency to not be very good at it. Tech
> writers tend to be better at it.

So, Glen, are you suggesting that people whose first langauge is not English
should stay away from editing sentences? Although I have a B.A. in
English and am currently enrolled in the English M.A. Program and
Technical Communication Program, should I stay away from editing simply
because my native language is Spanish?

A. Lilia Santana "When you read a classic, you do
English Department not see more in the book than
California Polytechnic State University you did before; you see more in
San Luis Obispo, CA 93405 you than was there before."

lsantana -at- oboe -dot- aix -dot- calpoly -dot- edu --Clifton Fadiman