SGML/HTML for Multiple Uses

Subject: SGML/HTML for Multiple Uses
From: Vince Putman <PUTMV -at- MAIL -dot- SYNTRON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 09:33:46 CST

Hey, Do you think that paper manual days are numbered? I think so if
the manual's subject equipment or a handy CD-ROM reader is available.

So, I have just completed a three-day course at Rice U conducted by
Dr. John Brockmann on the subject of S/W docs and most important, on
the move from paper to electronic publishing. Great course, now I am
researching the possibilities for combined use of one coded text and
graphic source for:

* on-line help

* on-line doc

* and paper manuals

SGML may be the answer, but I need to do more research. Help would be
of interest to everyone one on TECHWR-L who write paper manuals.

Some companies are in the business like: HotMetal from ?Softquad?,
Doc-To-Help from Wex Tech. Does anyone know how to contact these
companies?

StorySpace V1.3 is yet another related product from Eastgate systems,
but what I seen was not Windows based. They are at 800-562-1638.

Vince Putman | Eschew Gratuitous Obfuscation
putmv -at- mail -dot- syntron -dot- com | OR
713-647-7139 Houston, TX | Avoid Free Confusion