Would you capitalize "internet?"

Subject: Would you capitalize "internet?"
From: Darcey Harding <STU_DCHARDIN -at- VAX1 -dot- ACS -dot- JMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 12:38:05 -0500

Would you capitalize internet?

I understand that people view the net as an entity or some sorts, or as a
proper noun. However, we used to capitalize email, too. Do you think the net
has become accepted enough to warrant lower case?

(I'm putting a section about it on my resume. While I'm at it, do you think an
internet skills section is necessary? The resume checks in at just under a
page.)

Thanks!

Darcey
my apologies if this got covered in the email thread that I stopped reading :-)
Darcey C. Harding It's amazing that the amount of news that
Stu_Dchardin -at- vax1 -dot- acs -dot- jmu -dot- edu happens in the world every day just exactly
******** fits the newspaper. - Jerry Seinfeld