Re: "Mapping Hypertext": book and results

Subject: Re: "Mapping Hypertext": book and results
From: Chet Ensign <Chet_Ensign%LDS -at- NOTES -dot- WORLDCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 10:37:01 EDT

Richard L. writes:

<-- From your description, it sounds as though the biggest problem you had came
from a faulty "Info Map" format. I don't think I would have wanted to convert
the document that you described, and I'm also fairly certain that conversion
process would have made me swear off info mapping forever.
-->

Richard,

Exactly right! Please don't take what I said as suggesting that I've sworn of
Information Mapping. It is a well thought-out approach to technical
presentations that is absolutely right for many applications.

As you say, too many people don't learn what it is before they start using it.
And too many people try to mimic the look of it by creating enormous tables.

/chet

---
Chet Ensign Phone: (908) 771-9221
Director, Electronic Publishing Email: chet -at- lds -dot- com
Logical Design Solutions, Inc. Email(home): censign -at- interserv -dot- com