Re: Texts to Simulate "Keeping Up w/ Design" etc. Request.

Subject: Re: Texts to Simulate "Keeping Up w/ Design" etc. Request.
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 09:49:19 -0700

This would be an especially good project for a second semester tech
writing course. IMHO, it would be beyond the skills of most of my first
semester tech writing students, but by the time they complete the course I
teach, students would be more ready to tackle such an assignment--and it
is an excellent idea.

> If I were teaching a Technical Writing course for serious students, I
> would give them the assignment to go find an engineering student
> developing a project for his/her class and document it as though it was
> the real world and the company was betting the farm on the results. Of,
> course this means that the two students would be forced to work
> together... perhaps to their mutual benefit if the engineering student's
> instructor would give some credit to having the project well documented.

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu

You can't solve a problem unless you first admit you have one.
--Harvey Mackay in _Swim with the Sharks_