Should i put all glossary terms in the index/serach engine online?

Subject: Should i put all glossary terms in the index/serach engine online?
From: Chuck Martin <TWriter -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 08:29:29 GMT

I am currently working on a large online project with a large glossary:
hundreds of terms. I'm undecided whether to put each term i nthe search
engine. Each term definition is available now:

1. Though pop-up definition windows via links throughout the Help

2. Through a Glossary page, which shows the same pop-up

3. Through the search engine, which shows the definition in a full page
view.

The keyword list (it's a Windows Help file) needs to be added to. With
the available pop ups, should each term also appear in the search
engine? I have seen books whre glossary terms are listed in the index,
and one of the index pages (sometimes the only one!) is the glossary
page.

So should each term be in the search engine? Or does it depend on the
term? Or does a well-crafted Help file take care of that with all uses
of terms in the glossary linked to pop-ups?

Thanks for the input. Please, if you respond to the list, cc: me a copy
at TWriter -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com -dot-

Chuck Martin
TWriter -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com TechWriter -at- aol -dot- com 74170 -dot- 2462 -at- compuserve -dot- com