KC/STC March Program Update

Subject: KC/STC March Program Update
From: Audrey Choden <AChoden -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 1995 11:36:51 -0500

Last month, I posted the following message:

>I'm planning a program for the Kansas City STC chapter in March titled
>"What's Online for Technical Writers?" The program is intended to inform
the
>members about online resources that can help them in their jobs and
careers.
>This mailing list will be listed as one of those resources.
>I would also like to include more information about this list such as how
it
>has helped the people who have used it and what they find most valuable
abou
>it.
>Please send your comments to:
>Audrey Choden
>Achoden -dot- -at- AOL -dot- com or 70471 -dot- 3700 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Thanks to all of you who responded with information. At this time, we are
planning to have three panelists focus on the following major uses of online
services:

1. Sending and receiving e-mail through CIS and the Internet
2. Sending and receiving documents through file transfer
3. Finding information on technical writing and software development.

Each panelist will focus on a different use and its benefits from their own
experience.

We will also provide a handout that lists the services and features of interes
t to tech writers. If you would like to have some information included on
this handout (and haven't responded already), please e-mail it to me by
February 15.

Thanks!

Audrey Choden
Training by Design
AChoden -at- AOL -dot- com
70471 -dot- 3700 -at- compuserve -dot- com