Re: Royalties, how much?

Subject: Re: Royalties, how much?
From: Elna -dot- Tymes -at- SYNTEX -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 1995 10:43:16 PDT

In article <NEWTNews -dot- 20677 -dot- 789639532 -dot- Postmaster -at- jhedtke -dot- oz -dot- net>,
<jhedtke -at- oz -dot- net> writes:

> Speaking for myself, I can't think of any circumstances under which
> I'd be willing to take a contract from Que. I feel the same way about
> New Riders and Sams, FWIW.

You too, eh?

My most recent two were at New Riders. Not only were they *extremely*
unhelpful when my coauthor and I wound up dealing with the effects of a major
misunderstanding between us as to who was going to do what, but they've
blackballed me because "she was late" on one of the books. They've also
managed to convince my agent that as an "unreliable" author, I am of no use to
them. Then they started talking to other publishers.

I'm too tired from working at far better-paying jobs to sue. <shrug> As long
as there are newbies (read: suckers), I suppose they can turn out new titles.

Elna Tyes
Los Trancos Systems