Re: Functional Resumes

Subject: Re: Functional Resumes
From: "mrw.EMAIL" <manu!mrw -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 16:33:28 -0500

09:35

I think functional resumes are fine, as long as you document your work history
(briefly) elsewhere. My husband recently got a new job (not tech comm) and we
used a functional resume to highlight his skills, which would not have been
highlighted if we used a strictly chronological approach. He had many
interviews and three solid offers. I am convinced that his functional resume
helped a great deal.

Of course, having a wife who is a technical communicator didn't hurt! ;-)

Functional resumes can also really highlight your areas of expertise, rather
then just providing a laundry list of what you did for a given employer.

My tuppence...
Regards,
Mary Wise
mrw -at- manu -dot- com