FrameMaker: "obvious choice" redux

Subject: FrameMaker: "obvious choice" redux
From: Patrick O'Connell <patricko -at- EICON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 11:01:00 PST

Suppose there were another package with all the power inherent in Frame --
and I don't deny that it does a lot of things VERY well, better than most
other packages -- and I could choose to use that package. I wouldn't be
complaining about Frame at all, because I wouldn't be using it. :-)

It's a Microsoftian paradox: Frame's the only game in town / no competition
when it comes to long technical documents. Well, almost, but given what I've
heard about Interleaf I'm going to steer well clear of it whenever possible.

It behooves Frame Technology to recognize that they have a monopoly of
sorts, and to be benevolently, rather than tyrannically, monopolistic. I'm
hoping they were watching what happened to Intel with the whole Pentium FPU
bug thing.

Pat
|\| Patrick Brian O'Connell ! Intermediate Writer,Eicon Technology|
.|| These are my opinions, not ! Corporation / (B) 514-631-9825 x3250|
\| Eicon Technology's. ! Net (B):patricko -at- eicon -dot- com |