Re: Good gifts for technical writers

Subject: Re: Good gifts for technical writers
From: "Matthew B. Hicks" <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 1995 11:32:53 -0700

On Tue, 17 Jan 1995, Dianne Driskell wrote:

> I just got a electronic (battery)
> pocket dictionary/thesaurus for Christmas and I love it.
> Maybe it's because I'm on the computer all day but I would much rather
> punch in a word for spelling from a gizmo on my desk
> than go over to my book shelf, grab the
> dictionary, and shuffle through pages.

I love shuffling through the dictionary. I'm always discovering some
useful new word, or just an interesting new term. The dictionary is
probably the book that I most look forward to opening. What a cold little
instrument your gizmo seems. Kiss serendipity goodbye.

Matt Hicks, Tech. Writer, Unidata * I may not agree with what you
Boulder, CO, (303)497-8676, ******* say, but I'll defend to the
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu ************* death my right to mock you.