Re: <pPopulate as a verb for "fill in"

Subject: Re: <pPopulate as a verb for "fill in"
From: RoseCrowe <ncrowe -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 13:16:47 -0700

On Fri, 13 Jan 1995, Osmundo R. Fernandez wrote:

> Does the use of "populate" bother anyone. Personally, I'd rewrite the entire
par
> agraph in the active voice and find another verb for "populate." I'm new in
this
> company and I've been told that this use of "populate" is common. I've never
co
> me across it. Has anyone else?

Yeah, it's common... For techies. I wouldn't use it in a User Guide
or even in a Programmer's Guide. Why not just fill or enter the
fields? I'm with you, Ray. Trust your instincts.
Rosie (NorthCrowe)
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
*******
"Half an hour's meditation is essential except
when you are very busy. Then a full hour is needed."
-St. Francis De Sales