Re: how we read oops

Subject: Re: how we read oops
From: SuePStewrt -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 09:37:08 -0500

I've been finding this whole thread really rather amusing, especially since
several of those who were most unhappy with the original post's problems have
signature blocks that are deconstructed by transmission into a mass of
unrelated lines and symbols.

We're reading information from an almost organic system that connects every
type of hardware through a motley assortment of software. It's a wonder that
75% of the messages don't appear to be in Sanskrit!

If your mailreader goobers up a message, it's hardly the sender's fault.
This happened to be a superior piece of information, and once you realized
that some miscellaneous characters had appeared to represent some punctuation
and formatting marks, perfectly readable.

And if you insist on having a huge signature block with quotes in columns or
a "picture" made of symbols, don't expect me to appreciate it -- I can
neither read nor see it!

sue stewart