more warning definitions

Subject: more warning definitions
From: KnoxML1 <KnoxML1 -at- TEOMAIL -dot- JHUAPL -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 08:54:34 EST

Marc Santacroce reports using:
***********
>> WARNING Could cause injury or death

>> CAUTION Could cause damage to equipment

>> NOTE Identifies preferred mode of operation.
***********
and Tom Little says his doc uses:
***********
>> CAUTION This could produce unwanted results, or
damage data or equipment

>> WARNING This could cause personal injury
(or do severe damage to data or equipment?)

>> DANGER This could kill a human being or cause serious injury.

********

The document I am editing uses (for the Navy) uses:

WARNING Could cause irretrevable data loss

CAUTION Could cause inconvenience to user (e.g. require backtracking
to previous menus)

NOTE Identifies preferred mode of operation

Margaret Knox, technical writer/editor
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
margaret_knox -at- jhuapl -dot- edu