Object-oriented Programming (OOP) Terminology in Documentation

Subject: Object-oriented Programming (OOP) Terminology in Documentation
From: Harold Henke <hessian -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 15:27:44 MST

In an append a few months back, I asked a rhetorical question:
A rose is a rose, an object is an object, but is a printer a printer
or is a printer an object?

I am in the process of writing a short article, more likely an
"Opinion" piece for a software magazine on the use of OOP terminology
in software documentation.

And I would like to offer you all a moment in the sun as I am looking
for a few good quotes. If you have documented an OOP application, I would like
to hear about your experiences, such as: whether you used OOP terms, if so,
for what audience, and any other gems you might want to share with the
software development community. (If I choose your quote, I will send you a
note asking your permission to use your name and company in the article."

Please post your thoughts on this forum or send me a private note. (I think
many of the readers on this forum would be interested as OOP is somewhat hot
right now in software development circles.)

Many thanks, Harold.