Re: Why Frame not Word?

Subject: Re: Why Frame not Word?
From: Bill Burns <WBURNS -at- VAX -dot- MICRON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 08:54:14 MDT

and Word, I'll offer him some consolation. We're going through a similar
problem here at Micron.

In my mind, Word 6.0 is excellent for word processing and producing brief
hardcopy documents and form templates. However, if you want to do extensive
design and layout, create online documentation with hypertext linking, import
high-resolution graphics, or generate multifile books, Frame is a better
choice. It offers more options, and the functions it shares with Word are
often much easier to perform (with some exceptions).

You might also try sending this question to the Framers list. It's not an
automated list, so you'll actually need to write to a person on the other end--
y' know, being polite and mannerly and all.

Send to the following address:

framers-request -at- uunet -dot- uu -dot- net

On the subject line, type SUBSCRIBE. In the message, ask for a subscription
to the list. At the end of your message, provide your name and your e-mail
address.

Good luck. Let us know how the battle fares.

Bill Burns
Assm. Technical Writer/Editor
Micron Technology, Inc.
Boise, ID