Re: how we read oops

Subject: Re: how we read oops
From: Kathy Moore <kkm -at- IRIS132 -dot- BIOSYM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 16:21:07 -0800

Several people are discussing the difficulty of reading
Bob Bohle's message about (I think) reading type on a
monitor. Apparently in its travels through the 'net, it
got transmogified in an unpleasant way. Some people felt
this caused the message to be unreadable.

I plan to save and reformat this article for in-house
consumption (I filter techwr-l posts for the rest of our
department). I will also send it to the list, hopefully
in a vanilla-enough format that most of us will be able
to read it as painlessly as it is possible to read type
on a screen ;-). No promises about exactly when this will
occur.

Thanks to Bob for providing his info to us, in what I am
sure seemed like an adequate presentation. Few of us
are in a position to guarantee the condition of our message
regardless of its destination or path. The cause
of our problems may be with Bob, Bob's software or hardware
or that of his service provider, or the software or hardware
through which his message passed on the way to each one of us.

Kathy Kearney Moore kkm -at- biosym -dot- com
Technical Writer Phone: 619-458-9990
Biosym Technologies Fax: 619-458-0136