Re: online help builders for unix

Subject: Re: online help builders for unix
From: "Linda H. Schoenhoff" <lhs -at- UNIFY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 16:27:27 PST

Caryn Rizell asked about developing online help in UNIX and
Glen responded by saying:

> I've been using Bristol Technology's HyperHelp. If you are already
> developing Windows Help (we are) and you want the most painless
> X/Motif help -- this is as close to perfect as you can get. Not only
> do you get to use the same source on two platforms, but your software
> can use the same calls to WinHelp for context sensitive help.

>I just wanted to second Glen's remarks--I'm using native Windows help
on the Windows side and HyperHelp on the UNIX platform. We also use
QuickView to port the same source files to the Macintosh. It's not
a perfect solution (expensive, for one thing) but the best available
now I think.

Anyone have a less expensive alternative? I'd like to hear more
from people doing cross-platform help development, so please post
to the list.

Linda Schoenhoff
lhs -at- unify -dot- com